Have you ever said, “I’m not really a numbers person”? Or felt that you didn’t know where to begin asking questions about finances because “you don’t know what you don’t know”? If you were to be audited tomorrow, are you confident that you are in compliance with IRS rules and can withstand the scrutiny?
Whether you’re a new E.D. or a veteran or a board member wanting to play your role responsibly, Fun with Financials Training is designed for you. Get the practical and tactical information you need in language you can actually understand.
The goal of this training is to demystify financial information and focus on what you need to know to make informed decisions and build financial health.
This training is open to organizations with budgets between $350,000 and $3M.
This highly interactive training will cover:
Building Financial Health
- How to understand financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and budget) using your organization’s own reports
- Using financial reports to analyze the current financial health of the organization
- Creating dashboards to monitor financial health
Being Audit Ready All Year Long
- What kinds of records do you need to keep and for how long
- Best practices for internal checks and balances
Developing Budgets & Contingency Plans
- Planning your budgets to grow and use reserves
- How to budget in times of uncertainty
- Involving staff in the budget process
- What to report to funders
Plus flexibility to cover some topics that YOU choose!
You will also receive a packet of resources and materials to help you take the lessons back to your organization. At the end of the training, there will be opportunities to sign up for one-on-one assistance with Fun with Financials consultants.
We hope to meet you on Thursday, October 11th from 10am – 4pm for Fun with Financials! The deadline to apply is September 27th.